When hiring goods and services from Vintage Partyware you are agreeing to abide by the following terms and conditions:
1. The hire period is 1 to 3 days. Longer hire periods can be arranged and must be agreed in writing by Vintage Partyware. Should items be retained for a longer hire period without prior agreement then items will be charged at 1.5 times the standard hire fee per day.
1.2 Amendments to orders can be made up to 7 days prior to collection or delivery, subject to availability.
1.3 Requests for additional items added to the order once the final balance is paid will be accommodated where possible but it cannot be guaranteed that they will be available. Payment for these items is due upon receipt of delivery.
DELIVERY AND COLLECTION
2. A delivery and collection service is available and is free of charge for locations within a 20 mile radius of Vintage Partyware’s base in North Wootton, Norfolk. Outside of this 20 mile radius deliveries are charged at 45 pence per mile per round trip.
2.1 Deliveries and collections are arranged throughout the week. Dates and times will be confirmed by Vintage Partyware upon confirmation of the order, according to your requests. On site contact information must be supplied to Vintage Partyware for the delivery and collection of orders.
2.2 Goods for collection must be repacked safely in their original packaging.
2.3 If it is felt that items have not been suitably packed for collection or transit, then Vintage Partyware reserves the right to re-pack the items. The client will be charged an additional cost of 10% of the total hire cost.
CONDITION OF GOODS
3. Items supplied by Vintage Partyware will be, in our opinion, in good vintage condition with no chips, cracks, or other damage. However it can be expected that some of the patterns, gilt and silver plating will show signs of wear with respect to vintage china hire.
3.1 Vintage items are fragile and much more easily prone to damage than commercial items. Please ensure you take extra care when handling, stacking and packing the items.
3.2 All goods should be checked against the delivery note and signed for by the hirer upon receipt.
3.3 If no one is available to sign for receipt of the goods then this will be at the hirer’s own risk and will be deemed as being delivered in clean and undamaged condition. If deliveries are left at unattended premises this it at the hirer’s risk.
3.4 In the event of any shortage or damage, the hirer shall note this on the delivery note upon receipt of goods. No discrepancies or damages will be accepted unless Vintage Partyware is notified within 12 hours of delivery.
3.5 At all times during the hire period all items remain the property of Vintage Partyware.
4. All goods upon delivery or collection by the hirer will be clean and ready for use.
4.1 All items supplied by Vintage Partyware will be cleaned by Vintage Partyware after use. Items are not suitable for dishwashers. Please gently scrape any food / debris from the items and repack.
5. A 20% deposit is required as confirmation of the order. The deposit is non-refundable. If you require goods in less than 21 days, full payment of the hire cost must be made at the time of booking. Cash, bank transfer, PayPal, or cheque payments made payable to Antony Lamb are acceptable.
5.1. The balance is payable no later than 21 days prior to the date of hire.
6. Cancellation of the total hire order must be made in writing and the following charges apply: 21 days or more: no additional charge; between15 – 20 days: 50% of remaining balance payable; 14 days and under: 100% of total balance payable.
7. For vintage china and glassware hire, a separate refundable damage deposit of £50 is payable no later than 21 days prior to the date of hire.
7.1 Damages and / or loss will be charged at the following cost: teacup and saucer £5, tiered cake stand £15, teapot £20, pedestal glass cake stand £10, cutlery and tongs £2, wine glass £2. All other Items at our discretion.
8. During the hire period, breakages or loss of any item is the full responsibility of the hirer until received back and checked by Vintage Partyware; hirers will be notified within 72 hours of recorded loss or damage and corresponding charges.
8.1. Prices are subject to review at our discretion; however prices quoted at the time of booking and upon receipt of deposit will be honoured for the date of the event.
8.2. Vintage Partyware takes no responsibility in the event of any injury to any party through breakage of any equipment or any other accident during the hire period.